8th Sci. Exercise: Living World and Classification of Microbes.
- In 1969, Robert Harding Whittaker divided living organisms into _______ groups.
- The process of dividing living organisms into groups and subgroups is called _______.
- _______ causes malaria.
- Viruses are covered by a _______ coat.
2. Match the Pairs
Column 'A' and Column 'B'
1. Kingdom Monera a. Chlorella
2. Kingdom Protista. b.Baker's yeast
3. Kingdom Fungi c. Lactobacilli
4. Algae d. Amoeba
꧁●○≛⃝ ≛⃝ ЁЯМН○●꧂
3. State True or False.
- All organisms in Kingdom Monera are multicellular.
- Viruses are considered as organisms at the edge of living and nonliving.
- Fungi perform photosynthesis with the help of chloroplast.
- Bacteriophages are viruses that attack bacteria.
4. Answer in One Sentence.
- Who invented the two-kingdom classification system dividing the living world into Vegetabilia and Animalia?
- Where is the National Institute of Virology located?
- What is the size range of viruses?
- Which organism causes amoebiasis?
5. Write Characteristics.
- Write two characteristics of Kingdom Monera.
- Write two characteristics of Protozoa.
- Write two characteristics of fungi.
- Write two characteristics of bacteria.
- Draw a neat, labeled diagram showing the classification flow chart of Five Kingdom System of Classification.
- Draw a neat diagram of Fungi showing Sporangium, Spore, Hypha, and Rhizoids.
- Draw a neat labeled diagram of bacteriophage.
- Draw a neat labeled diagram of different types of bacteria.
7. Who am I?
a. I am green, but don't have organs.
b.I can produce my replica.
c. I live on decaying organic matter.
d. I reproduce mainly by cell division.
e. I have nucleus and membrane bound cell orgenelles.
f. I don't have true nucleus, cell organelles or plasma membrane.
8. Arrange the following in ascending order of size Bacteria, Fungi, Viruses, Algae.
➖♾️⭕ЁЯФШ⭕♾️➖
_*рд╕ंрд╕्рдХाрд░ांрдиा рдХोрдгрддीрд╣ी рдУрд│рдЦ рдирд╕рддे.
рддे рдоाрдгрд╕ाрдЪ्рдпा рдмोрд▓рдг्рдпाрддूрди
рд╡ाрдЧрдг्рдпाрддूрди,рдЖрдЪाрд░ाрддूрди рдЖрдгि
рд╡िрдЪाрд░ांрддूрди рдУрд│рдЦрд▓े рдЬाрддाрдд...!*_
_*рддुрдо्рд╣ी рдХिрддी рдкрдг рд╣ुрд╢ाрд░ рд▓ोрдХांрд╕ोрдмрдд рдмрд╕ा рдкрдг...
рдЕрдиुрднрд╡ рдоैрджाрдиाрдд рдЙрддрд░рд▓्рдпा рд╢िрд╡ाрдп рдоिрд│рдд рдиाрд╣ी...!!!*_
*рдЖрдкрд▓ा рджिрд╡рд╕ рдЖрдиंрджी рдЬाрд╡ो.*ЁЯО╖
*━═━═━═━═━═━═━═━═━*

рдЯिрдк्рдкрдг्рдпा
рдЯिрдк्рдкрдгी рдкोрд╕्рдЯ рдХрд░ा